My dear friend Cynthia and I attended Steamcon 2013, mostly as a way to educate ourselves about the Steampunk concept. Boy was it fun and imaginative! The only thing I didn’t love was driving in a corset. 😦
Posts Tagged With: fun
Thank you Lolo for nominating me for the Sunshine Award and always putting a smile on face!
Please check out her blog: http://lolosofocused.wordpress.com
Here are the rules for the award:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to this post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
What is a favorite childhood memory? – I loved the feeling of really believing I was a unicorn or a princess. I entered fully into my play and felt like I was the thing I imagined.
What is a real fear you have? I am afraid bad things will happen to my kids. I see little movies in my head of awful things and I panic a little. It’s a real opportunity to trust God.
How would you describe yourself? I’m a complete nerd. I try really hard to look and act normal, but deep down I’m a total geek.
What Countries have you lived in? United States of America
What is your style? Action-ready and as nice as I can manage without ruining nice clothes. I confess, I occasionally buy clothing items at Costco. If given the opportunity, though, I always choose the most expensive item in a store. It’s a talent.
What is your favorite breakfast food? I have no particular favorite, but rather choose based on what keeps me from having hypoglycemia later in the morning.
What are some of your hobbies? Writing, reading, home improvement, crafts, singing, cooking, sewing. I used to have more, but I’m too busy.
If you could tell people anything, what would be the most important thing to say? Jesus loves you, died for you (you sinner), and all you have to do is accept it.
What is one of your passions? I am passionate about kids and helping them grow up awesome.
What is the one truth you have learned? People are not basically good, but they aren’t any worse or better than I am.
And here are my 10 nominees (my newest blog followers):
This is my first nomination for the Kreativ Blogger Award.
Thank you to Laura the Quillwielder for nominating me!
1. Thank my nominator and provide a link to their blog
2. List seven things that readers might find interesting about me
3. Nominate seven other bloggers
4. Do the Hokey Pokey and turn yourself around. (Just kidding!)
This time I’m going to choose seven things that are not about me.
- I have never smoked a cigarette (not including sidestream smoke)
- I have never had a root canal.
- I have never broken a major bone. (Maybe a toe, but not sure.)
- I have never been off this continent.
- I have never tried a martini.
- I have never owned an Apple product.
- I have never written a letter to a publisher.
Here are the winners of my ebooks!
New blog followers/current followers commenting: NewEnglandMuse
Facebook page likes: Jax R. Jones
Goodreads fan: J.J. Kearbey
My favorite commenter–I decided to pick a winner from among the “likes” since lots of people liked and were too shy to speak up. –Ashsilverlock
Twitter follower: Molly Greene
Host Blog comments: Maria Tatham (She wins the whole party, so I’m going to have to figure out a great prize since she already has read both of my books)
The three winners of the print books are:
- Jax R. Jones
- Molly Greene
Maria’s favorite: TBA