SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- 20 years using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, and Publisher
- Adept using WordPress, MailChimp, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram
- Experience with online tools to survey and promote products via online marketing channels
- Excellent at cross-team collaboration across multiple projects and platforms
- Writer and editor with publications including books, reviews, blogs, and publicity material
Seed Church, Director Children’s Ministry 2015 to present
Organize, schedule, support, and train 80 Sunday school volunteers for two services and six classes. Populate and maintain a computerized check-in system and train volunteers to assist parents checking their children into classes. Research, choose, gain approval, and implement Sunday school curriculum, as well as provide craft materials. Organize and run summer Vacation Bible School. Coordinate with other church staff for above duties and facilities issues.
- Implemented the Roll Call Check-in program on computers and server.
- Adapted a year-long Children’s Church curriculum for the 9am service using online resources, transforming them into multimedia lessons
- Organized, developed curriculum, staffed, and ran the 2015 Summer Vacation Bible School with 40 volunteers over four days.
- Recruit, maintain, support, schedule, and organize a team of more than 80 volunteers to staff, teach, and conduct weekly Sunday school classes for two services.
Self-published, Author 2010 to present
Wrote, edited, worked with a professional editor to finish, published, and promoted fiction and nonfiction books online via CreateSpace, Kindle, Smashwords, and other online platforms. Create video and digital print promotion materials such as book trailers, synopses, pitches, and blog posts. Create and maintain an online platform for promotion of books on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google +, and other online social media. Participate in author groups for support, education, and critique. Read, review, and critique books for additional income, to support other authors, and to improve writing skills. Research new avenues for promotion, their effectiveness, and the value of work for the effort. Promoted and connected with readers and other writers through my author blog, katepolicani.com. Participate in an international book review team dedicated to recognizing independent books that meet or exceed traditional industry standards. Run the review team newsletter through Mailchimp.com.
- Eight self-published books available on multiple online book retailers, with promotional web pages, reviews, and video trailers.
- Achieved the 2013 quarter finals in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel contest and obtained the Night Owl Reviewers’ Top Pick. Reached #26 in the Kindle Short Reads category for Science Fiction and Fantasy with 48 reviews and four stars.
- 1788 Twitter followers, 272 blog followers, 303 LinkedIn connections.
- Extensive knowledge of publishing software, blog sites, social media sites, and online communities.
- Commissioned to provide detailed book critiques and formatting for other authors via my review group and website.
Homemaker 1998 to present
Stadium High School, Tacoma
Seattle Pacific University
Highline Community College