Sometimes lovers of fantasy can find inspiration in real places. Here are some amazing, real places that could easily come right out of our favorite fantasy novels:
(Click pictures to see original articles)
- The Crooked Forest is located right outside of Nowe Czarnowo, West Pomerania, Poland. The grove contains approximately 400 pine trees with bent trunks. They were planted sometime in 1939, but why or who made them crooked is unknown.
- Skaftafell’s blend of highland plateau, summer meadows and ice-blue glaciers are best explored by hiking, biking or climbing.
- Jökulsárlón is a large glacial lake in southeast Iceland, on the borders of Vatnajökull National Park.
- The Jeita Grotto in Lebanon
- The jungle creeps back into the Temples of Angkor
- Sedona, Arizona, a town surrounded by amazing natural red rock formations. (I’ve been here and it is way more impressive in person.)
The Inadvertent Thief
by Leti Del Mar
As a security specialist, Vivien Flowers is a perfectionist. So when two very important paintings she had been hired to protect are stolen, her highly structured world is turned upside down and she must get them back. It’s too bad art theft is not very high on the Los Angeles Police Department’s list of priorities. So when Vivien is joined by a handsome insurance agent eager to prevent the multi-million dollar claim from being paid, they use any means necessary to track down the location of the stolen paintings. But is Vivien willing to become a thief herself to get the paintings back? The answer leads her on a journey of intrigue, deceit, crime and even love as she travels from Los Angeles to Paris and discovers the true brilliance she is capable of.
Buy the Book!
Rafflecopter: Leti will be giving away a $25 Amazon gift card.
a Rafflecopter giveaway