Sometimes lovers of fantasy can find inspiration in real places. Here are some amazing, real places that could easily come right out of our favorite fantasy novels:
(Click pictures to see original articles)
- The Crooked Forest is located right outside of Nowe Czarnowo, West Pomerania, Poland. The grove contains approximately 400 pine trees with bent trunks. They were planted sometime in 1939, but why or who made them crooked is unknown.
- Skaftafell’s blend of highland plateau, summer meadows and ice-blue glaciers are best explored by hiking, biking or climbing.
- Jökulsárlón is a large glacial lake in southeast Iceland, on the borders of Vatnajökull National Park.
- The Jeita Grotto in Lebanon
- The jungle creeps back into the Temples of Angkor
- Sedona, Arizona, a town surrounded by amazing natural red rock formations. (I’ve been here and it is way more impressive in person.)