There are those times when I just can’t write. I may even have great ideas in my head but they get stuck like the glue bottle with the big glue booger in it that won’t come out.
Reasons why I can’t write:
- My head is too full
- My head is empty
- My life is too busy to stop and write
- Not enough sleep
Ways to get myself started again:
- Sleep (sometimes it’s not going to happen)
- Wait until everything calms down
- Squeeze in my writing anywhere I can – Evernote app is great for this
- Read books, watch inspiring movies and TV, read manga (I think of it as recharging my writing batteries)
- Get some time alone
Sometimes these still don’t work. What do you do?