For the month of April, Gaele Hince has featured Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic in the BTSeMag, along with The Lustre and Compulsively Writing Fiction:My experiences in Self-publishing in 2011. Please visit the BTSeMag to see! (It’s on page 43.)
In honor of this feature I’m giving away a print copy of Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic on Goodreads!
This week I churned out a new 350000 word book! I can’t believe it, but here is my latest novel:
Talk and Cry
By Kate POlicani
Activia is a vibrant 42-year-old romance writer from upper Poop Creek Oregon. On her dream vacation to Bali she just wants to relax in the sun and write bestselling novels. Her peace is cruelly shattered when an archery club hijacks her exotic lunch cruise and invades her tranquility.
The darkly handsome captain of the team, Arto Jala, has Activia intrigued despite his moody cruelty and violent obsession with shellfish. His gritty sexuality is at odds with her pampered lifestyle, but he, too, finds her to be irresistible. Can she resist his smoldering advances?
In secluded Abalone cove by an artesian spring, as the coconuts sway in the breeze, he woos her. Drawn into his thrilling world, she soon is to discover his painful, haunting secret. Activia decides to use her vast knowledge of forensic psychology to uncover the mystery of his long, lost, missing baby sister and punish those who kidnapped her from their beach side chalet. If Activia brings back Arum, will it calm Arto’s angry soul and allow him to abandon his barnacled past and grisly lifestyle of archery and truly love her forever? Can an Indonesian archer and an Oregonian novelist find true love together in a tropical paradise? Or can they only talk and cry?
I love readers!
Instead of some fattening chocolates or one of the standard cheesy, sappy cards, I’m going to give away five Smashwords coupons for all ebook formats of Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic to random commenters on this post! If five or less post, you all get one!
Thank you for celebrating my book release with me! You have all helped make this book a success and your support is priceless!
My posts are at an end for the party. I’ll reveal the contest results in the morning!
Please be sure to visit my feature tomorrow at http://speculativesalon.blogspot.com/
All aboard! The giveaways will end at midnight, so if you wanted to catch one, don’t forget!
So, Kate, how can I win stuff? Why, I’m glad you asked! It’s pretty easy to get in on some of these sweet giveaways.
How to win an ebook of Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic
- One random New Twitter follower of @KPtwitrnovel will win a free ebook.
- Those who like Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic and/or Kate Policani on Facebook between Oct 26th and Oct 28th will be entered for a chance to win one of 3 free ebooks. 1 entry for each page liked!
- One random re-post of any of my posts about the Release Party on Facebook will win a free ebook.
- One person who “likes” Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic on Amazon will win a free ebook.
- One person who “tags” Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic on Amazon will win a free ebook (Yes, you can do that without owning it.)
- One person who clicks “This was Helpful” on a review of Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic on Amazon will win a free ebook.
- One person who “adds” Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic on Goodreads will win a free ebook.
How to win a paperback copy of Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic
(I’ll sign it if you like!)
- At the Awesome Indies blog, win one free ebook and one free print copy.
- One randomTwitter follower who tweets during the Virtual Release Party will win a free print book with additional entries for each tweet. Tweets must include “@KPtwitrnovel” and the link “http://katepolicani.com/release-party/“. Re-tweets of my tweets about the Release Party are also entries. You can just click this TweetThis link for a pre-made tweet! <Tweet This>
- One person who completes the “Fabulous Five”, five different ebook-winning activities, will win a paperback.
- One person will win a paperback via my Goodreads giveaway:
What else can I get for free?
In honor of my new release, The Disenchanted Pet ebook will be free on Kindle all weekend! Use coupon HEMNXLSZ at https://www.createspace.com/3657962 for $5 off the paperback.
In honor of my new release, The Lustre ebook will be free with coupon WT22J at Smashwords. Use coupon 3U5B5THD at https://www.createspace.com/3811460 for $5 off the paperback.
Please visit the Indie Book Blog, featuring Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic today! Stay tuned for the Indie Book Blog’s review of Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic. (You know I’ll post a link for you as soon as it’s ready.)
Also, visit the Indie Book Club on Goodreads by clicking the crest above. I’m a member!
You can find AAAALLLLL the reviews of Don’t Juge a Book By Its Magic now and forevermore here: http://katepolicanisreviews.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/dont-judge-a-book-by-its-magic/
AM Day has posted her review of Don’t Judge a Book By Its Magic. Thank you, AM Day, for the power-packed review!
Please visit the review here: http://anovelperspective.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/new-release-review-dont-judge-a-book-by-its-magic/
AM Day is a burgeoning new author And OWNS IT! She has accomplishments under her belt that make her a bona fide pro in other areas of my life. She’s a single mother who has raised a fully grown man-child, a daughter old enough to vote, and her youngest daughter, who will be old enough to vote next year. She’ tackled many odd jobs and the field of freelance journalism. Ever try to raise a family on a freelance salary? It’s like living on commission, but she’s grateful for the opportunity given.