There are those times when I just can’t write. I may even have great ideas in my head but they get stuck like the glue bottle with the big glue booger in it that won’t come out.
Reasons why I can’t write:
- My head is too full
- My head is empty
- My life is too busy to stop and write
- Not enough sleep
Ways to get myself started again:
- Sleep (sometimes it’s not going to happen)
- Wait until everything calms down
- Squeeze in my writing anywhere I can – Evernote app is great for this
- Read books, watch inspiring movies and TV, read manga (I think of it as recharging my writing batteries)
- Get some time alone
Sometimes these still don’t work. What do you do?
I’ve been accepted as the Seattle Writing Examiner! Here is my very first article: http://www.examiner.com/article/preconceptions-about-self-publishing-and-promotion
I’d really appreciate it if you’d check it out and maybe even subscribe to it! I’ll get credit for every view and I’d love to get established writing for Examiner.